When going through life, some people attract more than their fair share of bad luck, while others don't seem to struggle at all. But how do you grow your online business when things get tough?
In the last 6 months alone, my life has been turned upside down - almost so it's unrecognisable from before. Here's just a small sample of what my wife and I have been through...
- My sister-in-law attempted suicide. Thankfully she's physically okay now, but is still being given a high dose of therapy in a specialist mental illness hospital.
- My mother-in-law physically died in a car journey towards the airport, only to be resuscitated by her husband.
- My mother-in-law physically died for a second time on the operating table, only to be resuscitated once again.
- I developed constant anxiety and had panic attacks.
- We adopted a dog from a rescue centre here in the UK, but he had a myriad of problems we've had to overcome with him.
- My mother had breast cancer. Twice.
- Then my mother got skin cancer.
- My wife had a brain tumor scare.
- I nearly lost my business because of changing my entire business model.
- My wife was diagnosed with depression (she's feeling much better now though, thankfully).
- My wife had an operation to remove all her wisdom teeth due to a severe infection.
- I was in a car crash (see photos here). Thankfully we were both physically ok afterwards, but in a state of shock for a few days afterwards.
- ... and that's just scratching the tip of the iceberg.
With all this stuff going on, that's why my blog posts have been less frequent and you've rarely heard from me if you're not one of my customers or coaching clients.
Thankfully things are looking up again now, but I want to make something abundantly clear...
I'm not telling you this sob story to whine or complain. It's just an example of what ALL of us go through at some point in our lives.
Of course it really sucks and massively slows down your progress. But the important thing is to persevere through everything, as they are only temporary hurdles which can be overcome.
Yes - you can sit there and play the pity party, complaining about how all the bad things always happen to you...
Or you can get up every time you're knocked down and fight back stronger than you were before.
Personally I chose the second option, and despite all these issues, my online business has grown from $20k per month to over $60k per month in the last 6 months alone.
(I'll be sharing exactly what I did with my subscribers over the next few weeks.)
So if you've been taking action lately and have been getting any kind of results, then keep up the awesome work! You're the kind of person who will achieve all the goals you set yourself.
But if you haven't made as much progress as you'd have liked, focus LESS on what's been happening to you, and instead focus on MAKING things happen.
That's the key to achieve everything you set your mind to.
Onwards and upwards!
- James Francis.