Product launches are a great way to get a huge influx of cash in a short time period from your new product…
And even though there are more products being launched every day in this industry than ever before, they still work amazingly if you have all the right components in place.
As I’ve been gearing up for my Done For You Commissions launch next week, I’ve decided to give you my personal checklist for a successful product launch.
Use it wisely…
- Must be finished before the launch process begins
- Between 1-3 upsells and/or downsells
- Must deliver good value to minimize refunds
- Members area (WordPress & Wishlist Member), or simple HTML-based download area
- Professional-looking sales page
- Sales copy written by a copywriter
- Minimum sales page conversion rate of at least $0.80 EPC for affiliates (including upsells)
- JVZoo, Clickbank or WarriorPlus (for WSOs only)
- Preferably instant commissions
- If you don’t use one of the above (although you should), ensure it has capabilities to pay affiliate commissions
- Test the whole customer order process – including accessing the product and upsells
Affiliate Invite Page:
- Launch date & time
- Information about the product
- Proof of conversions
- The sales funnel structure (upsells, downsells, commission %, etc)
- Optional: Launch prizes
- Optional: Reciprocation proof
- Opt-in form for affiliate email list
Affiliate Tools Page:
- Introduction & welcome
- Pre-written email copy
- Banner graphics
- Sales page preview
- Contact details
- Listings on top affiliate notification websites (MunchEye.com, JVNotifyPro.com, etc)
- Spreadsheet of top affiliates to contact and progress so far
- Email, Skype and call the top affiliates
- Don’t be pushy – be friendly and build relationships
- Be proactive & confident
- Optional: Affiliate manager
- Give encouragement to promote
- Launch progress so far
- Check if they need anything
Feel free to print this page to check you have all the necessary elements in place.
I hope you’ve found this information valuable, as these steps are the foundations of running a successful product launch!
- James Francis.
P.S. Have any questions on any of the above? Leave a comment below...